Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seven Deadly Sins show @ Rothick Art Haus , "Hungry Hungry Glutton"

I am a day late and a buck short on this blog entry! Last night was a very successful Seven Deadly Sins themed show at Rothick Art Haus in Anaheim, CA, that I was super fortunate to partake in. I met some new friends and got to spend time with the Rothick family, a good time was had by all. I chose Gluttony as my sin and theme for my 16" x 16" oil painting titled "Hungry Hungry Glutton."

The piece was a culmination of several ideas and influences, one being a video of two hippos in a vicious territorial battle in Kruger National Park in Africa, and a watermelon that I was gluttonous enough to devour in Costa Rica. I love painting animals and reflections so this was a ton of fun, get it? Ton of fun? Okay okay I'm not funny, but I hope you enjoy this hippopotamus!

"Hungry Hungry Glutton" hippo

Rothick 7 Deadly Sins show flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment